Quadruple honor--karate students of the month! It's funny that we were originally going to miss the entire month of July and that's the month they get selected for :) One of their instructors approached our crew to do mini-questionnaires about the kids' interests, hobbies, favorites, etc. It was kind of hilarious how long and complicated this process was--she looked entirely befuddled throughout (we have some unusual answers . . . chicken farming, soap-making, cardboard-sculpting). Gabby finally just wrote her own; I'm not sure what all she included, but we'll see the final results when we get back to karate next week.
We also discovered the kids have been receiving really cool certificates of completion every time they tested as first degree and second degree black belts. Somehow we never were told these existed, and so when I went to check the file folder--we had a whole stack compiled! Into their school folders, these shall go :)
This week, the karate school is closed because the owner/main teacher is at World's. He is only one black belt degree away from topping out . . . I don't know how many years that takes, but I know that previous eight degrees took him more than 30 years of continuous hard work, whoa! We were able to watch the degree advancement ceremony through facebook earlier this week. It was a big deal for their teacher (huge!) and we were glad the kids could experience his experience from afar.
1 comment:
Grandma Judi said...
Wow, that is awesome....way to go!!!
Post a Comment