Friday, August 3, 2018

An Unusual Anniversary

Knowing our anniversary would likely not be a big to-do this year, we took the opportunity to grab dinner out (thanks to a card and gift from Buck's dad) the night before surgery. Buck fit right into the hipster scene of the trendy restaurant we visited. I was too nervous about the surgery to eat much, but the kids took care of my leftovers the minute we walked back through the door. We also forgot to take an anniversary photo in a cute location, so here's one in the car and then one at home . . . same outfits, but in the second one you can see Buck's eyes. I'm anti sunglasses in memory photos, lol :)





On our actual anniversary we woke up thinking more about pain killer regimens and how to fill recovery hours than the fact that it was our special day. We didn't get each other cards, gifts, or make any plans for special meals, desserts, or activities. Anniversary-ing wasn't a priority. So, we were sweetly surprised to see the kids had put a tablecloth on the table, cut out paper butterflies, made us cards, and even gathered us a bouquet of wild flowers--awwww! They are so thoughtful ❤





Gabby's new signature single page greeting card



Brennen's thoughtful remarks



Graysen's colorful cuteness 





1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

I was just talking today to one of my friends that I walk with about how kind my grandchildren are....and I didn't want to sound like I was bragging, but that is one of the many many things that I love about them.....they are SO kind and considerate!! (and that's also a tribute to their parents who model being kind and considerate!)

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...