Monday, September 17, 2018

When Cabelas Comes to You

Last hunting trip, Buck's dad fell, broke his nose and knocked himself out for he doesn't know how long. There are no friends or family to accompany him on these often treacherous mountain hunts, so he's decided to give up hunting altogether. He planned to give Buck his lighter weight hunting gear when we visited this summer. Since that didn't happen, just before we left for our weekend youth hunt--the boxes began to arrive. I tell you what it was like Cabelas delivered when we hadn't even ordered. 


Buck kept saying, "Whoa! We never had this when I was growing up." "Sheesh, this is great gear!" "There's an entire outfit here!" He was pretty excited :) He even dressed in the all white camo, pulled the white camo hood over his face, put on a pair of gloves, and then stood in the laundry room door behind a distracted daughter to see what would happen. Caelan looked up to a yeti with a black rectangle across the eye area and SQUEAKED! :)


Brennen is mighty close to fitting into some of the smaller sizes. Quite the surprise hunting gift package :)



1 comment:

Grandma J said...

What a great surprise! I heard about Pat's accident when I saw him this summer. That must have been pretty frightening!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...