Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A New Way to Serve

You know Caelan must really love something if she's willing to get herself up at 6 in the morning to get ready for it :) Of course, this also meant by default that Buck and I were up at 6 in the morning, because it is getting frosty now and she hasn't had much if any experience with frozen over cars . . . in the dark . . . when she's not a morning person (like her mom :)

So, while she was fancifying, Buck did the remote start on his car and then stood in his pajamas at the top of the stairs peering out the window to make sure the windshield defrosted. It did, so he went back to bed. Then I got up to make sure she remembered to turn on her lights and that she exited the immediate area safely. She did. Then I went back to bed.




Eventually, we all got up and went to church. By that time, Caelan had already been there for several hours--okay, four. More than several :) She attended the four-hour rehearsal for this Sunday two weeks ago on a Saturday. The couple up front are who she nanny-ed (nannied?) for this summer. Also, our worship leader (the dark-haired guy of the couple) is helping lead the student ministry band that Caelan is kind of the leader of. Super cool that our kids have so many opportunities to learn how to lead worship from ministry-minded grown-ups (who were probably in kindergarten when I graduated high school ;) 




The singing lady in the striped dress (the wife of the couple) said to Caelan, "Your mom is probably going to take pictures, huh?" And then they looked up and saw me taking pictures and all got the giggles. Well, of course I am! It's going in the baby book ;)



Buck pointed out that the kids' music teacher's (who has been giving them guitar and piano with some drums mixed in lessons for the past few years) brother was on stage that morning, too. Kind of cool that Mr. P (I don't even know if he was born when I was in high school  . . . :) has been helping a new musician learn to play alongside his brother. I sent him a picture and he said, "She looks all grown up like an adult up there!!" with some serious cry-face emojis. I replied, "I know!!!" with some cry-face emojis of my own.

But, hey, what better place to use the skills Caelan has learned than to help lead God's people in praise and worship to Him? It's a pretty amazing opportunity, and I think it makes all the hours and tuition fees worthwhile a thousand fold. Pretty neat morning!



2 comments:

Grandma J said...

Your children are amazing!!!

Jess and fam said...

Ah, but my editing was shakey :) The installation people showed up before I could edit and I had to press "publish." Feel free to re-read for a more pleasant and understandable flow, lol!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...