With the added monthly expense of paying down a new HVAC system, and the fact that another of my Barred Rock babies died, and because after I gave away the back-stock of five dozen eggs and ALL the chickens immediately decided to stop laying eggs . . . for like a month . . . I very sadly decided to give them up. It is the time of the year to renew our farm permit, which is an expense, and their food is an expense, and when they are not laying and I begrudgingly add "buy eggs" to the shopping list, and the kids are so not enthusiastic to help take care of them . . . it seems like the best choice to is to boot the birds.
I talked to my chicken friend in my small group and arranged for her to take the dozen molting ladies, but she had some stuff come up . . . so more than a week later, the chickens are still here . . . and Caelan went up to check on them . . . and look what she found!
They must have heard rumors of their upcoming departure and discussed among themselves ways to prevent the re-homing. Now I don't know what to do :(
1 comment:
You love your chickens so much and have put so much effort and work into giving them homes....I hope they continue to lay so they can stay in the great home they have!
Post a Comment