I tend to not have a lot of posts about myself, so I thought I'd throw one in. First, how can you not love that cute little nephew of mine and his skeptical mellowcreme pumpkin face?! I tried to recreate the effect, but he's clearly far more skeptical than I am--yay, yummy pumpkins!

I don't like injury pictures in general, so this isn't really one of those. It's more like a "What a weird way to treat an injury, who knew?!" type picture trio instead. About nine weeks ago, I hurt my "shoulder." At least it felt like my shoulder. I waited a week or so for it to get better, then tried chiropractic care for maybe a month? With still no major improvement, I decided to make myself an appointment at the orthopedic specialist. That doctor told me to try physical therapy. I've been doing physical therapy for three weeks with still no major improvement. The doctor prescribed a heavy anti-inflammatory (like four Aleve in one pill) and that did back down the discomfort. They also prescribed a steroid which I did not take. Instead, at one PT appointment, they stuck this crazy steroid patch to my area of ouch. It is battery charged and pumps steroid directly into the hurting spot rather than my entire system. I didn't think it was working until I ripped the crazy thing off after six hours and it left a "I've been working" white spot :) It did help for maybe 24 hours.
Anyway, I recently went back to the doctor for my three week follow up. He asked if I was better, I said not really, so he said, "Let's do an MRI." Yeah, that's what I came in for originally. "Put me in the tube!" So, it will be another week or so until that happens. Ten weeks of a "sprained sternoclavicular joint" (an injury usually sustained in rugby matches, my oldest nephew should be proud :) is plenty for me. I don't think this is a surgery type deal, it's more like an injection or wait it out type deal. I'm less excited about the first option, but ready to feel normal again :)

One really cool thing happening right now is a reconnection to my nearly-forever Cali friends . . . . who now almost all live in states other than Cali. We consistently check in on our text thread, send birthday and holiday greetings, prayer requests and family updates, but it has been years, a decade? since we were all in one place at one time, face-to-face. Well, Alisa thought we should change that (her husband is the techiest, so it makes sense she'd get this started :) She suggested a Beth Moore study book that recently hit the bookstore shelves, and we all logged online and bought our own copies (well, Nic didn't, but she's overwhelmed with other things, so she just pops on to listen and connect :) We set up a time to Zoom and spent an hour or so praying and reading and discussing together. It was so amazing! Just to hear each other's voices and laughs and to see the well-known smiles. The goofy husband offering flowers and kisses in the middle of the call that "he didn't realize Lisa was on" or the husband just home from work about to drop his pants for something more comfortable. "Turn the camera back to you, Tam, QUICK!" Lol :) I am very much looking forward to next month's discussion of the book (which is in the tote bag next to me while I type . . . it's my alternate activity if the kids are still working on their tactical defense seminar when I wrap up my blog catch-up efforts). The book is okay, I've enjoyed sitting on my swing and watching my chickens while I read. However, the time with my friends is the real treasure.
Ha, this is a just for fun picture! I have a friend, my egg customer in fact, who also sells Norwex. She did a little video of the dust mitt pictured, and I responded, "That's exactly how I dust my house, just without the mitt!" So she got me one. And I love it. I want another one for Christmas so I can dust with both hands at the same time :) Isn't it funny how the gifts that make us happy change over the years?






1 comment:
The very first picture of you looks so much like Gabby...the expression, the eyes,everything.....at least to me it does!!!! Sure hope you figure out what's wrong with your shoulder and that it can be fixed. It is a bit frustrating that they put you through several weeks of other options before they finally address the problem....meanwhile you are in pain for all that time. That happened to me several years ago when I hurt my neck....it was weeks of pain before I finally got relief.
Post a Comment