Sunday, October 25, 2020

Fall Cleaning

It's like spring cleaning, only cooler (get it?) IDK, I need sleep. I walked into the boys room yesterday intending to pull their remaining summer clothes in lieu of the quickly approaching winter storm front. As I stood there, in the middle of their space, I was overcome with giggles. You know, the nervous kind, where you don't even know where to begin because it's been so long since the last time you started? And so, we three spent the next few hours moving lots of stuff to the hallway and my room. We moved a few furniture items, and filled probably six bags with either broken toys/trash or outgrown clothing/donations/things to put away for next year (it's funny that I still do that, considering how quickly they grow :) I'm hilarious.



But at the end of the unexpected cleaning event, Brennen was excited to have space to lay on his floor and stare at the ceiling. They have a neatly organized closet, and some room in their drawers for some new fall clothing (also much-needed). I'd say it was a job well done, well, if it was done. Now I have to move all that stuff that wasn't thrown out into other places. But, hey, I call that progress just the same. Good work, boys!




1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Oh my goodness, that's a lot of stuff!! Kind of looks like our house, with trying to get things back in order....it's taking forever!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...