Sunday, November 15, 2020

Birthday Time for B!

The night before Brennen's birthday, and all through the house . . . well, the boys were outside playing football. I was accommodating Brennen's request of some birthday décor. Caelan declined to help festivize the place, she was probably playing piano. Gabby, however, was spending hours custom decorating an Among Us (online game) cake for B!

Brennen's 15th birthday morning started out pretty low key and continued in that manner for the rest of the day. We threw some cinnamon rolls in the oven, and then he wanted to open gifts before our guests arrived after church. He was super excited to see all the cool things hidden in the packages . . . the dogs were as intent on stealing the show as gift unwrapping always tends to make them. New shirts from Caelan, much-requested headlamps from Gabby, a sports team t-shirt from G$, a new football and xbox controller from CA, and a set of four walkie-talkies and a tiny drone from us--not bad!





After church we headed to the gas station to get pizza (I normally don't eat at gas stations, but this is the best! Well, usually the best . . . they were doing some training and goofed up our order and the pizza crust was a bit saggy, but Buck contacted their customer service so we have a free pizza on our account for use in the next 30 days . . . uh, 27 days :) But the fun part was that our NGFs came over to celebrate (third 2020 birthday in a row, actually 4th since we celebrated Buck's with them at their farm, oh and if you count Caelan's last year, well, we celebrate a lot of things together :)



We had cake AND cheesecake (and almost pumpkin pie, but Thanksgiving is right around the corner!) for dessert. The birthday song sounded better than usual, given the talented musicians in the room. Buck's friend changed into the early Christmas gift Buck found online for him--the man is the king of dad jokes and puns, and he rolled with laughter when he read what his new shirt said :)


After their dessert, the kids retired to the lower level for video and online games with their various devices :) They also ran around outside and went for a long fall walk. It was a beautiful day!


After our friends left (my NGF had a photo session, so she left a bit earlier), the boys and Gabby settled in to watch football with Buck. I think this birthday was just Brennen's speed. He likes to be home and he likes to be with friends and he likes to eat pizza and cake. I guess I like this kind of birthday, too!! He's a great guy, and like I say every year, I'm glad he's ours 💗

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I'm glad he's yours too..I love my 4 grandkids so much...to the moon and back! They are the best (thanks to their pretty special mom and dad!)

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...