You know that ever-growing list of things you really SHOULD take care of, but will get to eventually? Well, eventually arrived! We got to some of them :) First up, my swing. My Frankensteined swing, now has a replaced cover in a *coordinating* fabric. You can't buy new cushions for swings and I don't want to buy a new swing. Buck and the boys helped hand sew alllllllll the way around the seat cushion. I'll take it! No more fluff and tatters swaying in the wind.
The hamster (who Brennen just noticed was missing from the laundry room today, a week after his departure from this world) previously chewed the bottom half of both the boys' curtains. I cut that set of tatters off to the window level, but it didn't look great. I attempted to even things up with some nice navy that Gabby picked out on our trip to the fabric store. So close, lol! The lines don't exactly line up, but it's kind of, almost, a little bit better :)
This was the living room during our projects . . . whoa. I discovered a huge bag of my brother CJ's t-shirts were among treasures we mined at my mom's during our fix-it visit. I cut them all to size, and Gabby made a quilt . . . that I forgot to take a picture of. But it looks nice! On Thanksgiving, he slept for 15 hours after working all night. I tucked it in around him while he was sleeping, so he awoke to the surprise. I'm told he liked it :)
This is Gabby schoolwork humor :)
This is a muddy puppy who was not allowed in the house until she got spiffed up, ha! All that snow melted, btw. We're back to greenish grass. Crazy for almost December, right?!
Buck and G$ celebrated the eventual cleaning up of the living room by doing a synchronized nap routine. I don't know if either woke more rested, but they certainly seem to have some genetic napping position coordination in their DNA :)



The Wild Duck Adventure took place on a Saturday morning. A frantic text from a neighbor in her pajamas and winter coat/stocking hat . . . "There's an injured duck trapped in the neighborhood! Can your boys come get it?" Well, Brennen was sleeping, but Graysen took the small dog kennel from my mom's collection and we attempted to shoo the "hurt" duck into it--we even used bread crumbs, but apparently this particular duck had never been to a pond with generous carb-bearing people. We tried to corner loud quacking him and he FLEW away, lol! Not injured!! However five minutes later, he was in the texting neighbor's yard--and she is terrified of this duck. We involved the girls for Operation Wild Duck Adventure Part II. "I think he's taunting me," came the next text. "We've got this," was the gist of my reply :) And sure enough, the frustrating fowl decided the cage was no place to be and away he flew to freedom . . . I have video, but it's probably too large to upload here. He flew RIGHT in front of my camera, it was straight up hilarious.




Here's my cute coop and the big ol' moon coming up over the hill. Muriel is keeping a careful eye on the neighborhood--you never know when that pesky duck might return!
Although our church chose not to meet in person this month, the girls are still busy with their worship team responsibilities. Caelan led this week, and did a very nice job! She puts a lot of time, planning, and practice into Sunday morning preparation :)
And here's a sneak peek/test shot, for an upcoming four-week children's ministry package the kids' team is putting together before services. If you've been watching regularly, you may want to tune in 15 minutes early for children's church and these two leading the littles in festive Christmas tunes!
1 comment:
Every teacher needs a little humor from her students when she's grading papers! Boy, those two (G$ and Buck) do have the same sleeping positions....crazy!
Post a Comment