My mom decided to put her house on the market. She's going for it! Exactly one year earlier, we were at her house cleaning out the garage and basement into a giant dumpster. This time, we were packing up boxes of stuff that will relocate to a new future abode (for now it will chill in a pod :) Caelan tried to get Sniffy to say hello, but he had more interesting things to do, ha! Graysen wasn't really locked in the cage, but it's always fun to pretend . . . I don't know why, exactly? It's just always something we take funny pictures of.
While Gabby and the boys loaded the already boxed stuff from the garage to the trailer, Caelan and I worked on boxing up mom's bedroom. With showings actively happening, we needed to hustle! But where you couldn't walk before, there is now an open expanse of the pretty new carpet . . . and a few painting, dusting, and cleaning supplies that are still needed close at hand.
Speaking of painting, Gabby helped my mom recolor the entire upstairs hallway in record time! You can see the old vs. new on the stairwell, which I instructed my oldest, youngest brother to help mom accomplish painting. God gave him height, this is a good chance to use it :) He helped quite a bit with the lifting, carrying, and even some dusting, "I had no idea this is something that needs to be done!" he remarked incredulously while wiping a cold-air return grate none of the rest of us could reach. Caelan told him sideways would work better than up and down. It was a team effort.
We also cleaned all the pictures and gifts and extra things out of mom's walk-in closet, so beautifully finished by my oldest younger brother as a surprise one year. Now potential buyers can walk in, and mom can work on organizing and packing her clothes without sorting through all the other things.
While Graysen and I were working on that, Gabby and Caelan cleared out the craft closet in the guest bedroom. We filled all the extra boxes mom bought during the first showing, and we got them loaded, plus some basement furniture and shelving, just before the second showing was set to occur.
It will likely take another pod or two or maybe just a big moving truck to clear the rest of the furniture and items away, but we made more good progress :) I also got to chat with my brothers for awhile and that hasn't happened in forever! All around a busy, good day.










1 comment:
Wow, I had no idea your mom was moving. Where is she planning to move?
Post a Comment