Not so much. Lol! I've since learned that traditional English fruitcake bears none of the mysterious fluorescent-colored jellies found in American fruitcake. And despite its frighteningly festive appearance, this little bugger cost $20!! Gabby brought it home from the bakery, it sat in our fridge for a solid week or more (but allegedly could have lasted years longer ;), and I finally sliced it up for some fun family time!
 |
| Select your plate carefully (see how tiny the original is?!!) |
 |
| Do I have to?? |
 |
| Graysen is (was) so intrigued by fruitcake lore, that he put it on his Christmas wishlist (along with a moped and a moped helmet :) I didn't want him to be triple disappointed on Christmas morning, so I'm glad the pre-Christmas taste test worked out. As you can see . . . the sticky gooiness of orange/raisin/papaya/nut/etc./etc. cake was not his favorite :) |
 |
| Staring into the distance as I listed off the ingredients . . . did I really put that in my mouth?? |
 |
| Brennen thought, "Eh, not so bad!" |
 |
| Caelan thought, "Ew. REALLY bad." |
Gabby made it all possible, hee hee :) I don't know that we'll be buying Christmas fruitcake again anytime soon. But a trip to England to get the real deal is not out of the question (by the way that's now on MY Christmas wishlist, lol :)
No comments:
Post a Comment