Well, as I mentioned before, my birthday gifts largely included chicken-related items. Among those, the first additions to the coop included a food stand with jingle bells and a swing! That head of lettuce was not long for the world, so I'm thinking they liked that fancification. Also, isn't this year's Lavendar Orpington (there are two, Ma and Aunt Docia) just the fluffiest?!
Imagine my surprise to find some fancy inside the chickens' water bucket! It is hard to understand from the pictures, but it was a clear cube of ice that was hollow in the middle and missing one end. Inside the shards of ice looked like giant glass snowflakes, it was the prettiest thing!!
Fancified chickens, coming up next! On an oddly warm and humid December day, Brennen and I decided to head up the hill to dress the chickens in their winter best . . . they were not fans! Lol! But, how cute are they in their little hats and scarves? They were too big for the denim aprons, I didn't even try the helmets, but Honey Chicken looks pretty ladylike in her red-polka dot apron :)
| What on earth happened to you?! All the chickens are perplexed :) |
| This look seems to say, "I am NOT amused." Ha! |
| It might have been harder to get the clothes off the chickens, since they were running away from the things attached to them. Brennen is a good chicken catcher, though :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment