Our lock broke (I started a blog post of broken things, but more things keep breaking, so I may have to abandon that never-ending topic, lol :) It seemed important for our family to both be able to get into our house and also to lock it when we leave. It's the little things.
So, Buck and I stopped by the home improvement store and looked at the vast selection of new locks. But couldn't remember what door handle we had (because the kit replaces that, too, and we are STILL over all the brassy gold extras they included in this 90s house :)
Brennen texted a photo, and all I saw was, "Our door looks so gross!!!" So, we decided, as we were already at the home improvement store, we would expand our improvement to include repainting the front door. We thought we picked a pretty unique color, but one that matched our deck, swing set, and coop. Well, it turns out the neighbors on either side also have a navy door, but it's all good! Ha!
Because neither Buck nor I was feeling well that day, it took ALLLLLLL day to get this simple project finished. We'd remove the door handle, nap, paint, nap, paint, nap again, third coat, pull the tape, nap, put the new lock on and handle, rest. It was a doozy! But it works so well now and looks so much nicer than it did before! Yay for little projects that become huge ;)
1 comment:
Ooh, I like it!
Post a Comment