Monday, May 23, 2022

Spring Choir Concert

Since the teens are old enough to drive themselves to choir, the only auditory glimpses I've gotten of this year's songs are the snippets they sing at home. And usually those are in jest, not serious practicing :) So, it was a great surprise to hear how amazing they sounded at their concert! We were in a new church with squeezy seating, and it was full! The younger choir kids took up the first bunches of pews on each side, so we sat towards the middle. I couldn't see anything and have been hoping to get some of my NGF's pics to add to this post, since I gave up trying to take any. Probably as soon as I hit the button, she'll finish with her masterpieces, and I'll need to circle back and add them in. Ha! It was a good night, lots of old Spirituals, lots of hard work . . . and don't they look nice?!




Checking out Gabby's senior medal for choir



After the concert, Caelan went to work on Gabby's flower arrangements for the next day's party! She and Noah picked up the flowers and greens when they met up with his family for dinner (and clearing out Noah's dorm room for the summer move back home). The sunflower-filled arrangements turned out so bright and cheerful! We used the floating lights in the mason jars, and they looked like fireflies through the clear glass. Heart-eyes emoji :)



Gabby also discovered a package waiting for her when she got home--graduation gifts that arrive unexpectedly at your door, woohoo! This was from our pastor's family. We should have brought it with us for the party set up in the morning :) 

(that's what's known as foreshadowing in literary circles ;)

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...