What? Bored! That never happens, that doesn't have time to happen . . . but I've got school prepped for Monday. The boys are off moving furniture with a friend, Buck is watching Star Trek on the couch, Gabby went to work early, and the lovebirds are working on homework upstairs. Somehow, watching TV during the day drives me bonkers. I think it reminds me of watching TV all day when I was sick when I was younger. Since I haven't cough-puked in two days (I know, I thought I was past it before, but it came back, blech), I don't want to feel fake sick by watching TV. So blogging is probably better? Let's see if I have anything to write about . . .
Last week, Graysen was outside throwing the football or kicking it to himself, so I decided to pull some weeds. Pulling weeds is addictive. It's like vacuuming outside. You can immediately see how bad it was before and how much you've just accomplished. Without gloves, I got into a "just one more" mentality. Buck had mega-big boss walks, so it was a way to pray and keep busy at the same time. My fingernails, cuticles, and fingertips are rocked, ants crawled up my arms when I disturbed their nests, giant wolf spiders scurried away, but I couldn't stop. The long skinny rock pic is from under the back deck. I didn't do before pictures, but you can tell how it looked by glancing across the divide at the lawn, lol :)
The second round led me past a rose bush (still no gloves) into archeological territory. I had no idea a paver border existed under all the dirt and grass that had grown right over the top of it! I might have continued to make discoveries of former civilizations, but a black snake with a yellow ring around its neck popped out and squirmed straight at me, so I had to give up going outside again forever. Also, the black dead-looking thing is a badminton shuttlecock that apparently had some adventures in the gutters and drainpipe.
What else? We went to eat pizza at my brother's house a week ago? My mom was in town, oh right, before the fair. She asked if we had any special projects going on at church, and I told her the college ministry was raising supplies for the emergency food/supply pantry on campus. Our three students can confirm that basic necessities like soap, shampoo, and deodorant are not utilized by many other students. It honestly, makes learning hard. So, mom gave me some cash to do some shopping, adding to what we were already hoping to buy. It was fun :) G$ and I did the maths, but with all the sales, we ended up $20 under budget. Buck made up the difference by getting some bulk supplies to donate.
The college pantry coordinator was DELIGHTED with the increase in supplies. Because there hasn't been a lot of other contributions, she's going to continue the project for another couple of weeks. She said that with what we'd donated, she would be able to shift the focus to other much-needed products. Yay! Meeting specific needs is my favorite way to give!
And hopefully our own resident college ministry president (we think she got promoted this year from VP) drew some attention to the student ministry at last week's club fair on campus. It would be awesome to meet both physical and spiritual needs in their young adult community!
Let's see . . . we got the truck back (it still needs work, but the work that was done was under warranty, woot!) and we dropped the Cali car off (hopefully we'll see it again soon!) at the body shop. The van door is now doing the "under warranty" refusal to close all the way that they couldn't recreate the last time we took it in. Oh the hassle, though, of trying to jump through those hoops again!
We got a couple of puzzles done, the last of the summer. We will need the puzzle table for classroom space starting Monday. Brennen thought kissy faces would be more entertaining for future puzzle picture looking than regular faces :) This one was a World of Jane Austen puzzle, with scenes from her novels. It is the same series as the World of Shakespeare puzzle that we did over spring break.
Muriel has been all sorts of extra with Noah around every day. She whines, she fusses, she jumps, she scratches, she licks, she panics, she forgets every rule about being in the kitchen she's ever learned, and she just makes a nuisance of herself. We've checked with soooo many people about finding her a different home, especially with how sad she is when Caelan is not here . . . and Caelan can't take her to college next year. However, it was nice to see these two getting along like besties during naptime yesterday :)








1 comment:
Oh Muriel.....I wish we could take her! She does love Caelan, doesn't she?
Post a Comment