Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Staycation Day 8 and 8.5

We never really counted this day as part of our original vacation, but I'll stick to the theme :) At Graysen's prompting Brennen and I took Dimetapp while assembling a vacation-themed puzzle the night before. Brennen also took NyQuill, which is apparently not great (at least for women over 60). We were both up coughing all night anyway, and I was determined to take him to the doctor in the morning. He thought he was getting better, and I could barely keep my eyes open at 10:30 a.m., so we put the doctor call on hold. Buck started working on the garage, I went back to bed. I didn't get back out of bed until 7 p.m.! I never, never stay the day in bed! Body aches and extreme drowsiness, what is going on germs? This is not how we want to spend our summer.

While I was "sleeping," Buck had an appointment, took the boys to dinner, and then took them to football practice. He wasn't feeling well either, so we both took Covid tests when he got back. We were both negative, of course. Also during that time, Noah arrived for a visit. He and Caelan went to get chicken and brought me back some. Then, I went back to bed at 9 p.m.

I slept pretty well until 12:30 . . . then I heard Brennen hacking up a lung downstairs, Buck snoring (because he's all congested) next to me, I wasn't sure where Noah was because Gabby lives in the guest room--but I guessed (correctly) the upstairs couch; I contemplated going to sleep in the van, but wasn't sure how hot it would be, and finally settled for the floor. Buck was up at 5 with a sore throat, so I jumped back in bed, recognizing that if I could fall asleep quickly enough, I could sleep through the snoring when he returned. It worked. Caelan said she was up at 4 a.m. itchy all over with a rash that has been slowly spreading on her arms and legs. Brennen said he finally fell asleep at 6 a.m., Gabby left for work at 6:30; Noah is a light sleeper and probably didn't sleep much at all. Oh, what a night!

We really can't count that as a vacation day. So, I'll include today . . . day 8.5 since we are all at least up and moving, Buck went to work, and I helped Caelan and Noah make noodles, which was my final staycation day planned activity. 






Caelan decided they were a bit too thick, but the broth was delicious! Hopefully the healthful components of said soup will bring us more quickly to a point of wellness.

Here is a picture of the 1500 piece Van Gogh puzzle Caelan and Brennen apparently raced to finish while I was zonked, lol! I only got to do the yellow flowers . . . it was a fun one, Caelan said one of her favorites. Also, if they pose goofy, I'm gonna post goofy :)



An update to the update: Buck got the tire fixed at the tire shop. He will get the van back in use tonight when he gets home from work. Brennen and I were up all night coughing again, so I took Brennen to a walk-in clinic. I know my cough is close to the end, his just never ends without help. The lady checked his lungs, throat, temp--all clear. Ears had lots of fluid and she didn't want it turn into a sinus infection. He got a five-day pack of prednisone, a box of Cherry Ludens (he's impressed!), and instructions to take Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold for five days before bed, along with Delsym in the day (he hasn't taken Delsym this whole time, because he thought it was the orange kind . . . it's been the purple all along :) We also got our breathing treatment machine Albuterol prescription refreshed. All-in-all a successful visit!

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I hope everyone is healthy by now! I agree with Brennen....Cherry Luden's are the best! A few of them are always at my bedside and in my purse. The Van Gosh puzzle looks pretty enough to frame. And homemade noodle soup...yum!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...