This will be slightly out-of-order because I'm the boss and I can do that :) Graysen's birthday happened to land in the middle of our visit to Ohio! That meant, in addition to riding excessive hours in the van, he got to do some cool and unique things to celebrate turning 15.
Even before we left, Gabby surprised him with early gifties . . . candy and a requested hoodie (which has been disguised for security purposes . . . which my family thinks I'm silly for doing :) He also opened a card with some trip cash from Maga!
At the second hotel, Graysen received a card from his Cali grandma to buy something special at the Pro Football Hall of Fame! He found a really nice leather wallet with a Green Bay Packers logo emblazoned on it and a sweet Green Bay hat. Brennen bought him a pair of socks in the gift shop that looks like Aaron Rogers is throwing a football when Graysen takes a step, ha!
On his actual birthday, we drove to The Ark Encounter . . . that is a big boat, and I will share pictures in additional post, but here is the birthday boy with some Ark animals :) Caelan bought him a t-shirt in the gift shop for his birthday gift.
Graysen's one request for his birthday food . . . Panda Express :) So we drove and drove until we found one, and it turned out to be a nice one, and very tasty!
A few hours later, we arrived at our hotel in the middle of nowhere and Graysen opened additional gifts from his aunt, uncle, and cousins, and from Buck and myself. I thought the multi-tool in his survival kit was a throwing star, but I was told that I was incorrect (still looks like a throwing star, though :)
We didn't have a birthday dessert in tow, so we found a little silver diner around the corner. The sunset was beautiful and the air smelled of cows! These are details we must remember for birthday memory-making :) We ordered a chocolate-caramel dessert (which came with the ice cream Graysen requested) and fried pickles. Both were good!
And to finish off the evening, we were happy to discover this hotel's pool was actually functioning and NOT under construction, which is what happens in about 85% of the hotels I book, including at least one other on this trip. So, yay! The boys swam off some energy, pummeled each other with smiley-face beach balls, and celebrated the way brothers do :) Happy birthday to G$! We think you're awesome 💖














1 comment:
I think he's pretty awesome too!!!
Post a Comment