However, with crazy Covid timing (recall Noah's older sister's husband tested positive for wedding dress shopping day), Noah's younger sister tested positive the morning of bridesmaid dress shopping day! Drat! But we made the best of it. Gabby rode over to the bridal shop with us and we met bridesmaid two in the snowy parking lot.
Inside the store was kind of chaotic as brides, flower girls, bridesmaids, prom shoppers, and their support crews filled every mirrored dressing room. When a bride chose to say yes to a dress, a cowbell clanked loudly and the whole store cheered (we were SUPER thankful Caelan found her dress in a much more personalized, her-focused boutique without the distractions and pressure of the big store!)
The bridesmaids tried on a variety of styles and sizes (not all of which had in-store samples of the desert pink Caelan selected), but both found a dress they feel comfortable in--actually, Gabby's was exactly what she was hoping for, pockets and all! Caelan sent a picture to Noah's sister of another style that she thinks would look pretty on her (but hopes to go to their local store and recreate a bit of the trying on fun she missed, when she's feeling better). In the meantime, two pretty dresses are measured and ordered and due to arrive in February, hooray!
Next, we stopped at the mall to check out another dress store (more for dances than wedding apparel, we saw one of the prom shoppers there, too :) We grabbed smoothies and chai, then headed home for a downscaled rest of the day.
Here is my first attempt at charcuterie--a "meal" plate and a dessert plate . . . I got some feedback from a friend who knows about these things. She said I covered all the basics but agreed that I should add some jams or dips. I think my artistry could use a boost. I should have had Gabby design it! Buck bought the cute heart-shaped macarons, but I've decided I don't like how they taste :) I know they are super popular right now but, not for me!
It was Buck's day off, so I headed downstairs to spend time with him while the girls went to work upstairs on the flowers. They accomplished quite a lot--four cookie sheets worth!
Let's see, other wedding updates! Caelan brought her wedding dress home and started doing some alterations. She removed about an acre of tulle from under the top skirts; I tried to get a picture of the resulting poof pile, but there was no way to properly show the scale of it :)
Engagement pictures took place last week, and Caelan is soooooo looking forward to seeing them! Noah's wedding ring arrived today, and it fits perfectly--he wants to wear it now and not wait but is willing to safely store it away for a little longer :) Tomorrow is the floral appointment to look at fresh bouquet options. I feel like we need a cake taste-testing on the schedule . . . why don't we have one of those set up yet? Or two! Who is in charge of this calendar, anyway? Heehee :)










No comments:
Post a Comment