Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Row, row, row your Boat . . .

So, I've been drinking a ridiculous amount of water to try to wash this illness action through my system. Combine this with a harsh, sudden cough . . . and the drive to church can be an interesting experience ;)

As I was race-walking in with C, I started reminiscing aloud about car rides with my sister. I recalled how (I was not a very nice sister :) as soon as my younger sibling asked for a bathroom break, I'd start singing water-laden songs . . . Row row row your boat, gently down the STREAM . . .

She'd shriek, "Mom!! Make her STOP!!" And I'd switch to, "I've got a RIVER of life FLOWING OUT OF me, SPRING up oh WELL *gush, gush, gush, gush* into my soul . . ." Ruthless :)

So Caelan brings up this story as we're leaving church, relating the details to her siblings who thought this trip down memory lane was pretty hilarious. Serious amount of giggling from the backseat vicinity. Eventually, we switched topics, and were discussing other things (it's kind of a long drive).

We get about four stop lights from home, and I randomly (forgetting about our earlier conversation) mention my readiness for a restroom visit upon reaching our abode.

Without missing a beat, Graysen calls out, "GUSH GUSH GUSH GUSH!!" *giggle, giggle* :)

So funny! I guess he was paying attention and wanted to help me relive a childhood memory. Sorry, sis for all those serenades (wink).

1 comment:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...