Wednesday, December 16, 2015

First Guitar Recital

Pretty proud of our crew today! They've just been at this musical thing for three months, and they were able to perform in front of a small crowd of friends and strangers. All four played Jingle Bells and Deck the Halls (on acoustic, classical, electric, and tenor--I didn't even know we were doing that, lol!) The girls played I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas together, and then Caelan played Mary did You Know solo (with their guitar teacher filling in some harmony :) I am SOOOO glad we found this instructor! He's fabulous with the kids, so laid back, but really pursues whatever questions or interests they have during a lesson. It makes for a strong learning environment that is obviously producing some happy results in my book :) I'll see if I can get video to post, so you all can enjoy :)







No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...