Amidst our running hither and yon, we stopped at our karate club's annual Christmas party (this is our first year, we skipped last year I guess :) We were a bit late due to the crazy traffic everywhere else, but we got our packages mailed (yes!!!) and we got that sibling/dad shopping 98% complete. Upon arrival, we were handed small plates to partake in the snacks . . . I found G$'s wreath of sweets with a carrot center quite amusing :)
He played a game or two, but as the party transitioned to pics with Santa (and no, he was not dressed as a ninja nor holding a ninja sword as the boys had hoped :) we decided to see if Gab could find one more gift to complete her list. It just so happens, that nearby the local model train society (club?) invites visitors to enjoy viewing their hobby for free!




Our boys were stoked! About halfway through, G says, "You do not know how much I am enjoying this. This is AWESOME!"

We also paused for a pic with the *back* of the Santaland set--we're a little old for the big guy, but frosty pics are still fun at any age! :)
And, though I do not have pictures, the finale of our evening was a drive through Bethlehem . . . a special event put on every so many years by our church. We planned to arrive early and avoid the hour plus we waited the first year we tried, and cut our wait time in half. It was fun for the kids to recognize friends in other vehicles, as actors in the shops lining the parking lot, and even a favorite Sunday School teacher handing out candy canes from car to car :)
We did declare Chauncey, who came with us, as part of the census, but they said he didn't count--he didn't get a candy cane either, but I still think he was happy to ride along! The live sheep made me a little nervous, but he didn't even notice ;)
2 comments:
You deeply have a psychological remembrance of Lamby Pie busting you in the butt as you surveyed the wading pool sending you through it like a human speed boat!
Do you know how many years I looked in fields to spot Lamby Pie? I'm pretty sure you told me you gave him to a farmer . . . I'm assuming this is the same *farmer* who received all our dogs? :)
Post a Comment