Monday, January 9, 2017

Perfectly Permitted

She has a tiny bit of driving experience, but not enough to want to drive much outside of a wooded park in a rural village :) Remember when she started reading the driver's manual--two years ago? :) Well, all that studying (and some online practice-test taking) paid off! She scored 100% on her first try and impressed the gals at the DMV :)

Of course, I heard all of this second hand, because this was a daddy-daughter adventure. They ran a bunch of errands for me, and incorporated this into their day. Allegedly--there was NO wait at the DMV! They took their ticket, and immediately their number popped up on the screen. How is that for great timing? She was able to smile for her photo--but was not allowed to show teeth. Such weird rules. Her plastic copy will replace the paper version in a few weeks.

Very exciting! However, when Buck asked if she wanted to drive home, or to the grocery store, or to the bank, she said, "Nope!" So far, she has not driven at all with her new permit. Buck pointed out in the back of the parent manual, there's a space to keep a drive log of all her time behind the wheel. If she doesn't get a little more enthusiastic about this process, we won't have that thing filled up before she's ready to get the real deal, ha!





Buck was surprised, when he took Caelan to Starbucks after her test, that she's never had Starbucks before! How many hundreds of times (okay, maybe dozens of times) have Buck and I gotten Starbucks with the kids present? Too funny! Quite the day to celebrate, I guess :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Caelan; I can't believe she hasn't wanted to drive! That's all I wanted to do when I first got my license!

Grandma Judi said...

Oh, and I like your title to this entry - "perfectly permitted!" We English majors love stuff like that!

Jess and fam said...

Glad you noticed :) I had to think about it for a minute to get it right!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...