BTW--congrats to my nephew on the loss of his final baby tooth! Very exciting business!
In health class, the boys and I were discussing teeth. We read the lesson, filled in the workbook pages, discussed the study questions, and then Graysen says, "Well, I guess I'm never eating leftovers again."
Wait, what?
I'm never sure if they're listening or absorbing the information . . . but sometimes things do catch, even if they catch in an unexpected way:
"Where does plaque come from? Bacteria in your mouth feed on leftover food. They combine with sugar in the food to make an acid. The acid is so strong that it can make homes in the tooth's enamel."
Did you catch that? "Leftover food . . ." I laughed and laughed and then had to try to explain the difference. Too funny :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Colorado
We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...
-
I haven't had much to post lately, just a few things here and there. So here is some here, so you can see what we're up to there ;...
-
I've already shared these with Grandma J, but there is a bit more to the story . . . Buck: I got a text from Grandma J! G$: Is she co...
-
Did you know . . . this was going to be a wee little post that I forgot to finish for quite a long time? Yeah, me, too. I managed to attend ...
1 comment:
I totally get his interpretation! And I wonder how often things like that don't get clarified in a huge classroom with 30 kids because, for various reasons, the question never gets asked.
Post a Comment