Can you see the piggies' new home?!! With all that Christmas gear cleared out, I was able to open an entire shelf in the laundry room. That shelf happens to fit the guinea pig enclosure perfectly! Here's why this is so exciting to me . . . 1. We have the floor space back; for months either the hedgehog or the pigs have claimed the space next to the sink clear out onto the stripes of the carpet. This isn't a huge room, but it was a huge cage to maneuver around for hand washing, laundry, etc. Look at that open floor space now! 2. They are very skittish creatures, so their sudden movements when someone walks into the room also makes the person walking into the room very skittish :) 3. They somehow manage to get fodder EVERYWHERE--sometimes from kicking it out when they're *running from danger* or dropping it when the kids get them out to hold 100x a day (poor hedgehog), or from cage cleanings, etc. (there are a lot of etc.'s in this story :) The challenge is . . . my vacuum could practically suck the tile off the floor, so that poor rug right there is getting eaten alive, sucked into the roller, and starting to get thread runs . . . because I vacuum this space about 5x per day. No joke. I'm hoping that with the piggies over on the shelf, we'll all be much happier. Hooray for that stroke of brilliance!! :)
Well, that about sums it up. This afternoon Buck hung pictures for me in the hallway, and after some touch-up paint in the bedroom, finished putting up pictures in there too. He tells me tomorrow he's going to try to finish our bathroom project. However, I think we may need a day off. It's his last day off of this crazy cool, long stretch, so we should probably find something fun to do that doesn't involve hurt backs and bleeding fingers, bruises and ticks, I mean those things are all fun and all, but . . . ;) We'll see what tomorrow brings!
|
2 comments:
All I can say is WOW!!!! You guys are going to need a relaxing vacation when this is all finished!
Except now we can't afford one, lol!! :)
Post a Comment