Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sitting Pretty

And pretty seating :) Yesterday's main project was trying to get our dining surface options back on track. We've been kind of scattered all over the kitchen--on the floor, on the counters, on stools--for meals the last several days. Buck got the final coats on the table, then the kids helped scrub and lightly sand the chairs.

I'm pretty sure these are the same chairs Grandma J surprised us with in our CA kitchen. We had a giant hand-me-down table at the time, but no where to sit. Since we've never had a blonde-wood table, I've long considered painting the blonde-wood chairs (as I mentioned recently). Well, it is done now, and I'm thinking they look pretty cute out there on the lawn like a little flock of birds, or a herd of chairs, or a squash of seals (I made that one up :)









Other activities of the day included going to the library (it had been months; I am not a fan of this particular library and I won't take the kids unless Buck is with me), trying a different hardware store for a sliding glass door handle solution, and picking up a few odds and ends from . . . cover your ears . . . (Walmart) . . . okay, I said it ;)

That was about it. Buck had to work overnight a couple hours from here, so he tried to nap while the kids watched a movie they had picked out at the library. I worked on reading books on Babylon for a story the girls are writing, and the laundry got done. A fairly low key day :)

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

You needed a low key day for all the work you've been doing!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...