Graysen has been cooking up the idea of a cardboard racecar that he can sit in . . . he only had to remember to ask his dad to bring home some cardboard sheets. With that accomplished and delivered, he happily worked for several hours constructing his brand new racecar--it's even parked in the garage ;)
I am astounded at how different in size our two guinea pigs have turned out to be--yes, they are different breeds of pig, but sometimes I'm caught off guard at the fluffiness of one and the dinkiness of his "brother." I couldn't quite get the angle to work to show from the perspective I saw, and also like little kids, as soon as you get the camera out they run away or stop the cute thing they were just doing. In this case, both guineas were chilling, sleeping maybe? Nutterbutter's eyes are open, but they are super light sleepers. You can kind of get an idea in their different sizes in the pic, but it's super dramatic in person.

Our favorite local bakery recently held a "drop your name in the box" drawing for pre-premiere Star Wars movie tickets. I reminded Buck of the competition when he went to pick up sugar cookies for his Christmas party last month. He entered his name, and won tix! The theater also turned out to be a full service restaurant. You just order off the menu and then eat gourmet burgers or pizzas or organic things while watch the film. There was an odd guy (imagine that :) wearing a Star Trek (yes, Trek) uniform and handing out prizes when we arrived. We chose not to participate in his awkward trivia quest and instead perused the menu and discussed the loads of Storm Troopers we'd just passed in the hallways :)
We enjoyed the movie in our leather seats with our hatch green chili cheeseburger, loaded fries, salad, fruit bowl, etc. Kind of a unique way to experience a premiere--which may have been my first, that I remember? Here's my review:
*I'm not sure I'm qualified to review an epic series such as Star Wars :) There was a surprising amount of humor, some excellent acting and some so-so acting. It did not feel long, and I never was bored. Very intense hatred and equal strength in hope. Some of it got a bit more religious than I cared for, and violence certainly went up a notch

On our way out of the theater, (which was a challenge because we'd been sitting so long that our legs were wobbly), we saw more Star Wars characters--including R2D2! (we don't know the family he's pictured with :)
We thought it was pretty funny that as we left the parking lot, we had to wait for R2 to cross the road . . . there has to be a joke in there somewhere!


Before we left, I told my neighbor (who is available if the kids need anything while we're out) that I couldn't imagine we'd get home any later than 10 p.m. When we pulled in the drive way it was exactly 10:00! Good guessing, me!
It turns out that while we were gone, the kids were plenty busy! They finished up some schoolwork I left on the board, the boys played a game of Madden, the girls sewed a bear, and they also made this . . . Jewish . . . gingerbread house . . . Buck saw it go on sale for like $2, and he bought it just to see my reaction (which was befuddlement at best :) "But, we're not Jewish?" Okay, if you go waaaaaay back on that ancestry thing, we've got a bit, but Hanukkah is not our celebration of choice at this time of year :) I didn't even know they made Hanukkah gingerbread houses, but the kit has the Star of David, and Dreidels, and gold coins to boot! The kids ended up having a great time putting it all together, and got the giggles recreating the experience for Buck and me. Turned out pretty cute, Star of David and all :)



No comments:
Post a Comment