Thursday, February 8, 2018

Balmy Weather

I tend to remember in order of the pictures I take on my phone--if I miss a pic, I miss a memory, but how could I forget Caelan's foray into the world of homemade cosmetics?!


Each month our girls look forward to the arrival of their Brio magazine, which is for teen girls from Focus on the Family. Each edition has a little beauty corner with instructions and ideas for making natural face masks, lotions, and this month--lip balm! On our shopping trips last week, Caelan patiently gathered all the goodies necessary to make mini balms for herself, her sister, their friend Elaine, the neighbor girls, and the young ladies at Wednesday night youth group (to be distributed next week on Valentine's Day). We were surprised at how expensive beeswax is, thus glad for Hobby Lobby's everlasting 40% off coupon. How adorable that her very first debit card purchase, signature and all, was at the Hobby Lobby!

Caelan had so much fun making make-up! Her little balms turned out great too--nice for the chappy weather. They look pretty in pink with the balm shimmer she added. To decorate each tiny container, she added a heart sticker and some ribbon. Maybe next time she'll add some essential oils to make them extra fancy--my vote is for Thieves, because it will disinfect any finger germs that might be rubbed on one's lips . . . if one is able to endure the intense burning sensation that accompanies this particular oil, that is :)

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...