Thursday, February 8, 2018

Teacher's Pet and Mirror Reading

School seems to be an ever lengthening endeavor this week--it feels like we're studying from sunrise to sunset to get our daily tasks accomplished. This is very unusual, but given next week's crazy schedule and how everything was cancelled this week(art/ASL/baseball/guitar/piano/
we didn't make it to youth group . . .) I guess we needed some buckle down and learn time.

In the past two days, the kids had nearly 25 tests amongst them!! That is a lot of tests in a lot of subjects! After getting everything graded, I spent today finishing up semester grades for the girls, and things are looking good :)




In other news, I've been encouraging the kids to play more with the hedgehog--he just doesn't get much attention, since he's mostly busy at night and sleeping during the day. Hence, it has become a *requirement* to play with the hedgehog for at least five minutes before they get permission to play a video game. And so, as you can see from the pictures, the least therapeutic pet on the planet came to class (as Grandma J joked) to be our "therapy pet." Lol!

This morning I thought it was funny how both boys were reading in the same position in two different rooms--gotta love a kid that reads! And two, even more.💖 (I just discovered I can emoji!)



2 comments:

Grandma Judi said...

Too bad I wasn't there to help you grade those tests!!!

Buck and Jess! said...

Yes! That would be great :) I've handed over some of the math grading to Gabby, because she likes to be a checker. Tests, I can't so much do that :)

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...