Sunday, July 7, 2019

Harvest of Joy

I've always liked blueberries best of all the berries (raspberries are a very close second, then strawberries :) We planted blueberry plants several years ago, none of them made it. Then Buck bought me two blueberry bushes last year and they didn't grow any bigger or produce fruit, but they survived! This year, Buck got me two more blueberry plants (which also won't berry) and friends gave us a transport raspberry bush (which arrived five times larger than the tiny blueberry bushes). But to my delight, last year's tiny blueberry bushes have a whole bunch of tiny berries! I got to harvest our first fruit crop . . . a couple of handfuls of blueberries!




I couldn't quite capture how pretty the color change from pink to purple to blue is on a single berry, but it is simply gorgeous! 



Taaa-daaaa!!! The sourest bowl of blueberries every harvested on the Acre (and probably in the history of the universe) Lol! But I'm still glad they're mine :) 

2 comments:

Grandma J said...

As I'm reading this, I'm eating a bowl of yogurt with fresh blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries...I love all three of those berries too! So what do you need to do to make the berries sweet? More water? (Or more sugar in the bowl with the berries!!)

Buck and Jess! said...

Sugar for sure :)

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...