Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Ugly Sweater Sunday

Buck was not feeling well this weekend and didn't sleep much. We decided to go to the late service while he headed to work, and fought through the unexpected snow both ways--eek!!



I'd say of all the people who posed with this festive deer head--ours was the most apropos ;) G$ broke out Uncle CJ's prom/homecoming coat, and boy did he fancy up the place! Lots of comments on that golden-threaded wonder :)  



Similarly, Gabby's treasure from Maga's basement clean-up proved quite the conversation piece. We have no idea where it came from (mom probably does), but some ladies in the church declared it too beautiful to qualify for ugly sweater Sunday. At least she was warm :)




Graysen received a metal puzzle gift box, and it drew quite a crowd after service--the church team should leave out little puzzle games every week in the hospitality area :)



Weird that Brennen fits into his dad's clothes now. Here are the guys for their guys' pic. Our NGFs were 50/50 on the sweater thing, becaue they were (of course) in charge of taking photos for the photo booth, and had to be present for all the services (which they usually are anyway :) I just captured a couple pictures over her shoulder. Busy morning!



AND a much needed rest of the day at home. My little elves helped address, label, stamp, fold, stuff, and lick our Christmas card pile. What a big job that is! Especially when I didn't have the letter completely written . . . I think we've officially sent them all out, and there's a little info about our upcoming mission trip included for anyone who is interested in the details :)

Meanwhile, Caelan finished up a memory bear order for our neighbor (the finished product made our neighbor cry) and the baby hat order she's been working on since late October. It's nice to see the to do list shrinking a little. It's been growing far too fast for far too long!

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Fancy jacket on G$! And I thought that sweater that Brennen is wearing looks like one Buck had.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...