Saturday, February 15, 2020

First and Last

The "tooth fairy" really missed the boat on this one! We went to our dental appointments x six and I asked the dentist, "How many baby teeth does G$ have left to lose?" "They're all gone!" she announced. Uh-oh. We usually take a first tooth/last tooth side-by-side comparison photo for posterity. Would you believe that in all the chaos of the past two weeks that the tooth fairy threw that final tooth into a drawer in my bathroom instead of taking it back to fairy land? I was able to snag it (now broken in half for some reason) to take Graysen's last baby tooth picture--albeit a solid 2.5 weeks late . . . the second teething process took him almost seven years to the day (just one month short :) So I guess, really constant teething for 12 straight years. Wowza!




In other news, none of us had cavities, Brennen no longer needs braces (hip-hip, hooray!), Caelan has a shadow of one wisdom tooth upstairs, but won't need that addressed for a couple of years, Gabby's 12-year molars are 70% in (just in time for her 16th birthday), so the orthodontist will soon be able to put brackets on those and maybe we can get this tooth straightening process wrapped up, and Graysen is still our wild card . . . way less crowding, way more settling into the correct places than on previous visits. The dentist is holding out for a potential braces avoidance in his grill, too. Wouldn't that be amazing?

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I can't believe how grownup Graysen looks in this picture....how did that happen??!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...