Buck has been making a billion phone calls, rearranging car insurance, home insurance, getting a water heater replacement set up, making doctor appointments, canceling this account, checking on that one . . . it's been impressive! We've done a little catch up work in school, and with some books we're reading for a class four of us are taking at church. The kids have started back to karate and the girls back to work. The new studio looks pretty neat, and it's so spacious!
The water heater wasn't an issue yet, but somehow it has lasted 20 plus years. According to all the reading I've done, that isn't possible. They have a lifespan of maybe 10 years, if you push it, but certainly not twice that. Yet, our label touted 1996 (although it wasn't probably installed until a couple years later). Buck convinced me that we should get ahead of a possible waterpark effect by proactively replacing the antique unit. It took me awhile. I'm stubborn about spending money when it isn't "necessary." But, I realized Buck was right, it really was the wisest thing to do, and God provided us with a pretty amazing deal through our church pastor's recommendation--half the price I was imagining from my internet browsing. So, that's our other "new" thing this week, so far. The dogs are going to feel spoiled eating by all this fancy new equipment :)






1 comment:
The new karate studio looks really nice...guess I'll get to see it next time I come out.
Post a Comment