Saturday, May 2, 2020

Buck's Turn for a Birthday

Buck's birthday breakfast, the last unhealthy one for awhile :) After all the work of getting these little sugar circles, especially!




I can't remember the last time Buck actually had to work on his birthday. Usually his mom and sister are in town and he takes days off for a sort of stay-cation. Of course, this year, plans look a little different. He had a coworker who needed the day off, so he offered to work. It wasn't his best birthday, but we tried to make up for it with a birthday adventure a few days later.

At breakfast, Buck opened his gifts from the kids and from me. Mine wasn't a surprise, because he saw the Arbuckles coffee charge when I ordered, and he saw the box when it was delivered, AND he could smell the coffee when I "hid" it in my closet :) He ordered himself a new handgun, which was really more his gift, but then found out it was sold out in the U.S. and on backorder until Brazil could make more. Pretty sure that's getting cancelled.





Caelan and Brennen got him a nice hatchet off of his wish list, Graysen got him a tin cup (also off of his wish list) but didn't think that was very personal, so added a bag of Swedish Fish. Gabby gave him an Arbuckle's hat and made him a cake similar to the cherry one she made earlier, because he liked it so much. I bought every cake mix I could find to try to replicate the flavor :)



Once he got to work, Buck discovered his coworkers also intended to celebrate his birthday with extra frosting on both cake and cinnamon rolls--all the sugar!!





Milestones are hard after you lose loved ones, and Buck and I spent quite a lot of time grieving on his birthday. I wanted to remember the good birthdays, too, and just happened to have 15 years of birthdays saved on my computer in various files. So here is Buck from ages 29 to current :)


29


30


31


32


33


34


35



36


37


38


39


40


41


42


43

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I love the chronological birthdays of Buck. He's had his mustache and beard (although not this year!) a long time. Is he growing it back yet?

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...