Saturday, May 9, 2020

Misc. Masks

Whoohoo! Another round of masks sewn and donated! This round was 40 something, so we've topped 100 :) Brennen was our good helper for this set--flipping the masks right-side-out and removing the pins (the wearers will be thankful for that). 

It's actually a nice thing to do while watching Sunday church on the t.v. screen, followed by our pastors' live show (which is funny and great!) 

We used up all the fabric my neighbor gave us (black/yellow stripe and neon green) along with ALLLLL her elastic (that was awesome!). Much of the other fabric came from my mom in Gabby's birthday package. 

Buck and I checked out Hobby Lobby now that it is back open (he was a super star, he's never lasted that long with that many items on the to-buy list with all my restocking of baby quilt fabric, too :) all that to say--still no elastic. Bummer. We're going to try stretchy ribbon for ties and see if that works. IDK. We have another bag of fabric from another neighbor, with another small amount of elastic, and I was able to grab several pretty yards of clearance cotton at H.L. I'm not sure how much longer masks are needed, but they're still taking them. In fact, one grandmother from church messaged me that she'd grabbed three for her grandkids, so they could go to doctor appointments (masks required). Then she stopped by while she was out for an "I'm bored and lonely" drive to visit with the kids and thank them in person :)



So many masks! We had to restock on sewing machine needles and white thread; I probably should have gotten more straight pins for all those we have officially bent during this process :)



Brennen's face describes what we are all kind of feeling about mask-making right now, ha! But, usually a bit of a rest/break and we're willing to get back to it. Someday these homemade masks (maybe not ours specifically) will be in museums, just you wait and see :)

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I have a feeling that the masks will be needed for quite awhile...it's great that you all are making them.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...