Saturday, May 16, 2020

Mother's Day

This picture was taken before Mother's Day, but I think I can count . . . twice . . . that we have taken Chauncey for a walk :) This being the second time. So it had to be recorded! I'm proud to say (well, maybe not proud) but I think Chauncey was more winded than I was at the end of the road. Poor dog! Anyway, it was fun for all six (seven) of us to go for a wander together, like we used to in our old town . . . that's been a hot minute!



On Sunday morning, my Mother's Day gifts seemed to be focused on a central theme . . . can you pick up on what it was? :)





We finished this puzzle of a mommy wolf and her babies the night before . . . false advertising, it had 999 pieces not 1,000! Good thing Graysen is really good at disguising the location of the missing piece ;)



We watched church and then Buck headed to work. Gabby and I worked on masks all morning (I think, or maybe I was reading; I do get my days' activities confused sometimes :) Suddenly the downstairs kids started hollering that a baby bunny was trapped in our window well. It was soooooo tiny! Can you spot it under the plant?





Caelan grabbed a pair of gloves, just in case the baby bit or scratched--but it didn't even try to get away from her. She scooped it up, first try! I think the little guy or gal was exhausted from trying to jump (we watched through the window for a minute to see if it could escape on its own). Also, it was cold. It snuggled into Caelan's hands and seemed pretty content.



So then, of course, comes the question . . .  "Can we keep it?" Graysen was ready to get the old hamster cage set up and we were discussing baby bunny food when a tiny, tiny tick crawled across the bunny's fur. "Nope!" Since IDK how to treat a rabbit for ticks, it cannot come in our house. Plus, although it was wee, it likely would be better off caring for itself. So, we took it up to our freshly cut scrub tree pile and released it in a sunny/shady hiding place. The bunny just sat on Caelan's glove and wouldn't move! Not much bigger than the length of a Nerf bullet, so little!





Then, all of a sudden, the bunny bounded away! You can see Caelan is still looking at where it WAS, but if you look even more closely, you can see the bunny running (towards our house :)



Back inside, I had my usual unusual treadmill challenge (I post these obstacles on facebook every once in awhile . . . seems like there's always a workout to get to my workout :) Then I made myself a salmon salad with the leftover salmon that Buck grilled earlier in the week. I thought, "Finally the perfect ratio of fish to lettuce," but it was waaaaaaay too much fish! Lol!



Later in the day, I got my pic with my Crew! Happy to be their mom!

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Love all the chicken theme items!!! Very cute! And Graysen did an great job of disguising the missing piece. I just can't find where it is!!!!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...