Saturday, April 30, 2022

Buck's Birthday

Right on the heels of Gabby's birthday, arrived Buck's (seems like that happens every year ;) For breakfast, we ate the cinnamon rolls he brought home. For lunch, we ate the cheesecake he brought home (although we did top it with cherries that were already at home :) 


With school and work schedules all over the place, our day ran a little differently than usual. Buck watched his Thursday-release shows in the morning, instead of at night. Caelan came home at cheesecake lunchtime and we sang the song and opened the gifts. Gabby was excited that he couldn't guess hers, even by shaking it :)



While I checked the boys' schoolwork, Buck and G$ installed the speaker the boys bought him to replace the rattling one in his truck. Meanwhile, Brennen got done with just enough math to get to work in time for his second six-hour shift, ever. 

For dinner, we made reservations to eat sushi with our NGFs. I was glad to see there were cooked options on the menu, too! We ladies decided it would be fun to dress up, and the guys sort of agreed. We both planned to wear our green dresses, and instead ended up wearing black. Funny how that works out.

The weather was warm and windy, and we had just enough time to stop into a popular ice cream shop for an after-dinner treat! It is hard to walk in heels on brick roads and eat ice cream in the wind, but we made it work.

Our next stop--the theater, because we were fancy and that's where fancy people go! I've been curious about the storyline of the show Wicked since I first started hearing music for it on the radio. There are some powerful vocals, brilliant colors, unique costuming, amazing sets, and interesting characters in the show. Some parts were a bit slow, and it seemed very long, but overall I'm glad I saw it and that Buck was willing to see it with me :)



After the show, we walked back to our cars with our friends and said goodnight. While we were away, Gabby attended her first college Bible study with Caelan and Noah. Brennen was working, and Graysen was at home alone watching the NFL draft for hours on end (and playing Lego Starwars). We got caught up on all their stories, and they got caught up on ours.

Hooray for birthdays, hooray for Buck, hooray for special memories made!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...