Monday, April 18, 2022

Feeling Old Fashioned

It seems like we have "bonus kids" here just about every night :) But we like the bonuses, so we're happy to have them! It was fun watching them decided on a Christmas-themed puzzle (just in time for Easter) that we apparently put in the closet and never opened. I always think the best, most relaxed conversations happen over puzzles.



Buck and I had a Ma and Pa Ingalls line-up of activities as well. I kept busy making baby quilts in the kitchen, while he cleaned guns by the fireplace. Ha, we're so 1800s!



After a few days' effort--the puzzle was complete! I tried so hard to get a "normal" picture of everyone, but this is the best of the bunch. Lol :) Also, M wasn't over for the photo, and she did help with the puzzle, too, so it is still upstairs just in case she stops by again soon.


Three of the baby quilts are also finished! We have a lot of friends having babies this spring, summer, and fall. It's an easy, creative outlet for me. I know they are nothing super-skilled or fabulous, but I love picking out fabrics and piecing them together. Caelan wants to keep the pink roses, sending me back to the fabric store for other options to gift away :) 



1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I'm sure the recipient's of those baby quilts will treasure them!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...