Did I say Buck? Yes, I did! He requested the day off of work; that was fun! He got to attend church and see Brennen play guitar on the worship team. Then afterwards, he made me an omelet for brunch, right before Caelan arrived home and we left again to see The Wizard of Oz ballet!
Mmmm, chai! I used to have a mug every morning and every night. Then, after reading the label, I dropped down to just a half serving in the morning. And then in the past few months, only on Sundays . . . and then recently, not even that often. It had been several weeks since I had a chai, so it was a fun addition to my Mother's Day treats :)
Awhile back, Caelan and I discovered that The Wizard of Oz ballet would land right on Mother's Day! We checked with Gabby to see if she could go too, but it landed on a work day for her. So, Buck bought two tickets and a parking pass and away we went! Our seats were really good; Idk if I've sat in the orchestra level before :) It was nice to see the artists' facial expressions; that really helps tell the familiar story. We enjoyed the creativity of the production--such as, the "tornado" was a group of ballerinas dressed in swirling gray costumes that spun around and around Dorothy. Eventually, they also swirled wide ribbons in their hands, adding to the gracefully chaotic movement as Dorothy twirled off to Oz.
The Scarecrow was another example of grace mixed with something unexpected in ballet--clumsiness! The entire show was a combination of traditional ballet (en pointe) and dance acting (running across the stage in slippers or bare feet). Reading through the program, I told Caelan I could probably be the *corn* which we later discovered was played by the same children who played the Munchkins--I think my dance background from kindergarten and sixth grade (not "through"-- just "and" :) could have supported that claim. But when I said I could be a "poppy," whew, was I wrong! Those girls danced through a storm of glitter that fell from the sky and no way could I have ever kept up with them! (Now the apple trees that got to throw their own apples at the other characters on stage . . . my softball arm could have helped me maybe win that role, lol :)
We laughed and applauded and enjoyed the performance with lots of other moms who were given this treat on their special day.
Back at home, I was treated to a nearly completed chore list which included a mown down half acre of lawn--so much more pleasant for Olive's trips outside! Brennen was at work, but he took care of the pots and pans before he left. Then Buck started making me surprises that he'd planned in the culinary department. I didn't get a picture of the charcuterie board snack he put together, but it was very pretty! For dinner, grilled sockeye salmon, caprese salad, and colorful carrots followed by chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert.
Brennen and then Gabby arrived after work and, after eating, everyone sat around telling work stories again. It's quite a world out there in retail! At this point, Olive decided she was a lap dog . . .
Then, Graysen suggested I open gifts--three of which were unwrappable. Graysen said he hid his succulent "hen and chicks" in the middle of Caelan's collection where I would never find it, lol! Smart :) Along the same theme, Brennen gave me a tropical plant that he thinks will grow a tiny pineapple at the top, cute! Gabby gave me a football-watching throne with a canopy for my easily-burned skin to catch some shade. And Caelan gave me two books off of my wish list . . . and of course we had to read the picture book aloud. It was fun to read to my "babies" again on Mother's Day.
It was a good day. I love my people! 💕











No comments:
Post a Comment