You recall the homeless camp in the woods that moved into our treehouse. Well, add to that the drug bust in the apartments up the road from us--and we're not talking "low-key" drugs. Eeek! Thankfully, we have a neighbor who is a detective and lets us know about important events on occasion. There was quite a commotion on this particular morning, but it all seemed to go very smoothly. All the while, construction crews actively chopped up half the road--which I'm convinced was the most solid piece of concrete ever poured anywhere in this entire town :)
A couple days later, G$ was driving home from running some errands and saw ball of fire in the sky above the truck. The concussion from the explosion shook our house! Never do I EVER post on public pages, except this one time--thinking it might be helpful information if there was a real danger. Well, someone who got video footage (off like a Ring doorbell type thing) took a screenshot of my message on the public forum and sent both to the local news. The local news showed up at my door, unannounced, saying they'd had their research person locate me. Gasp!! G$ agreed to do an on-camera interview, and now he's famous, lol :) He had lots of guys at church joking with him about it, asking for autographs. Seems like a non-story overall, to me (I told the reporter that things explode randomly here all the time--it's actually pretty normal) but it was fun that G$ got to be on the news :) Caelan said she could hear our neighbors screaming their heads off at each other in the background; I went and relistened and sure enough . . . oof.
You may have noticed the uncharacteristic openness of our driveway in the photo above. Well, after several weeks of trying, Brennen found us a buyer for the Nitro. Now, the Nitro was indestructible, was in great shape mechanically, and had the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've ever driven. Sure, the air conditioning and heater don't work, nor do the automatic locks or fuses inside . . . but we have put quite a chunk of change into keeping it in good shape through the driver's ed years, so thought we could get a decent price for it. And so, after a mix up on the first perceived arrangement to meet and make the deal (which Brennen and I attended), Buck and Graysen ended up being the actual sales crew.
Brennen dropped the price to $3k, but told the guy we'd take $2,500. The guy couldn't come up with that amount but drove two hours to meet (and brought along his mechanic) anyway. When he explained that he was from Cuba, and that this was the best country in the world, and he just wanted to bring his mom here, and this vehicle he was buying for her, Buck's heart melted, and he accepted the offered amount. We pray that family finds success and peace in their life here in the States. And with the money we got from the Nitro, we fixed the truck, so Graysen can keep driving it under balls of fire in the skies at night :) Or not, but whichever. One other bonus--dropping the Nitro off our insurance basically balanced adding Graysen TO our insurance. You don't want to know how much we pay in car insurance each month. Wheee!!
If you don't like wound pictures, you can stop reading at this point. I ONLY include this, because this was the weirdest (and tiniest) wound scenario ever . . . here's what happened (we just finished watching the Monk series :) I was mending a few nights earlier and apparently dropped a tiny needle. The needle did not stick into the floor or carpet, but somehow stuck into the base of the couch. So, when I went to stand up, I "found" it with the back of my heel. It scraped some skin and caused a little blood drop to appear--but it hurt like fire! For the next THREE days, I limped around the house, not able to put weight on that silly heel. This was with ice, Advil, Neosporin with pain numbing, and scooting up and down the stairs on my rearend like a toddler. Completely baffling!
Now, it's a week later and shoes feel weird, and I get random electric zingers from my tiny ouch, but hey, our life is weird, so there you go. Lol!






2 comments:
You really do have a lot of unusual things going on (or off!) in your neighborhood!! Hope your heel is feeling better. I slammed my finger in the front door the day before Christmas and if anyone was looking out their window at that time, they would have thought I was crazy.....doing the dance of pain on the front step!!
Oh no! 😬
Post a Comment