Saturday, April 13, 2024

Baby Doll

Our family sponsors a little girl in Africa who we hopefully will get to meet when we, too, go to Africa . . . tickets are purchased, it may happen this time! Another team is going ahead of us, and they are taking intro care packages to the newly sponsored kiddos. I've been trying to pack as much into a Ziploc bag as one of those suddenly tiny things will hold! I found a little doll and decided, "What 5-year-old girl wouldn't want some outfits for her baby?" So, I started making doll clothes--it is waaaaay harder than it should be, lol! It took me a few tries, but I finally made a pajama outfit big enough for her to wear . . . lessons learned, I'll hopefully sew some cuter things up before the next care package goes :)


I was pretty excited to figure out the elastic waistband on the colorful skirt--but that top vest was giving me fits! I finally decided on an old hairbow and some Velcro to finish it off :) I love that all these fabrics are bits of quilts or bears we've made over the years!


The tiny quilt and pillow were fun to make (my wheelhouse), and I felt like she needed something for her head, so some stretchy elastic ribbon I found in my sewing box worked perfectly with her honeycomb wrap dress :)


Too small, a little bigger but still too small, and upside-down pink horsies for the win! They are right side up on the back :) (Which is uneven at the collar and could probably use a closure--I'm going to study the baby doll clothes next time I have church nursery, for inspiration!)


Fun to fill this gallon bag with colorful, hopefully exciting, things for Miss D to discover!


(I did fit the doll and her accessories in the same bag, woot! I have another entire shopping bag full of things that didn't fit, but I guess then I'm ready for the next one! :)

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

What a great surprise that will be...so many fun things and your outfits are too cute!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...