Tuesday, April 16, 2024

I'm Not Even Sure . . .

Here are some pictures of days that we must have done recently because they are in my "post" folder . . . it felt like this week (and the next) kind of did its own thing.

We attempted a coop upgrade . . . this water tank is supposed to hold enough for a flock our size for weeks! Buck built a sloped stand for it, so the birds can't poop on the top. That part works! But I discovered, the water level for the last couple of gallons sits under the spickets, which makes it kind of useless--there's also no way to tell what the water level is without opening the top, and the first fill only lasted one week. Maybe not the brilliant solution we were hoping for, but we're still working on it--we'll figure it out!




Caelan brought Herbie over to play, while she and Graysen worked on a propagation shelf unit that she asked him to build. I'm excited to see the finished product when she hangs it up in the apartment! After staining it the first time, she left it to dry, then came back after our concert to finish it up. She decided she liked the look and didn't add more stain, so we all ate dinner together, then watched the first episode of the show she and Noah discovered that Buck and I now also like. Which reminds me--oh my gosh, what an ending last night!! I need to text her . . .




I guess I got a little too wrapped up in enjoying hearing Caelan and Brennen making music together . . . this was the look I got from Olive, and suddenly realized I was an hour past her dinner time! Lol :)

After a meeting at church, at which I cried, because of all the sad things going on with people I care about, Olive and I "watched" the eclipse. She mostly looked around like, "Well, this is weird." And I didn't have the right glasses, so just kind of took a picture in the general direction of the sun. Oddly, it looks normal, except in the little reflection spot beneath it which is what the actual image should look like. I'm sure there's some technology explanation for that, but I don't know it :)


I've mostly been spring break planning and researching, moving tubs and getting clothing sorted out for packing. It feels like there's always about a million things needing my attention. Maybe I pay attention to too many things? Hmmm . . . well, I had a good interruption in my to do list, when H called to say she needed to work and hoped I could watch both girls. I, of course, said, "yes" and spent the next five hours coloring, playing dress up dolls, visiting the chickens, playing with our Winnie the Pooh blocks, more dress up dolls, swing set time, spaghetti dinner (as requested), and Bluey + popcorn when it got dark out (as requested). It seems like kind of everything is hard for their young mama right now, so I'm glad she reached out, and trusted me with her two most precious little humans!




I took a picture to see if she'd fallen asleep, but nope, just cuddled up and looking at the camera, lol! 

This is the next installment of Olive letting me know I am past time to feed her . . . "Never mind the kids, see how I'm smiling to remind you--directly in their personal space?"



Graysen was home for awhile when the little girls first arrived, then he left for guys' night at the new house. Soon, Brennen arrived home from work to get ready for prom! I asked the five-year-old if he looked nice, and she responded, "Yeah," totally disinterestedly:) Brennen accepted this modicum of praise, and then headed to the dance. He arrived home just before 3 a.m. and said he had a great time with his football friends at the dance and after prom (which was at a go-kart, laser tag place this year). Handsome guy!







Okay, I've got to get back to my list. Keep praying for these sweet little ladies!

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Looks like you got some cuddle time in with the girls. I love Olive's expressions....I kind of get the same thing from Jazzy when I'm overdue for food!

Brennen sure is a handsome young man!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...