Thursday, June 29, 2017

Camp Day 3 & 4

Now that I'm up from my two hour nap . . . I was angry tired. Do you ever get angry tired? When you need sleep so badly that your temper is on the verge of boiling over at the slightest inconvenience? I ate a bowl of cereal on the floor in my room, because there was nowhere else to sit. That's when I decided I needed a nap, badly. Anyway, here I am--awake (I wouldn't classify it as "wide" awake, but for all technical purposes *awake* will do . . .) ready to blog a bit.

Yesterday was tie dye day at karate camp. The kids' shirts are currently in the dryer--and the washing machine is currently undergoing its 4 hour self-clean cycle :) The kids' karate instructor's wife and I (along with several other helpers) got 25 kiddos through the tie dye process. Today, Amy and I removed the rubber bands and rinsed those 25 t-shirts. My kids are so excited to see how theirs turned out! And don't tell, it's a surprise, but Gabby made one for Buck who was bummed he helped with tie dye last year, but didn't get his own shirt as a result :)

Wow, I'm so sleepy still . . . no editing happening here . . . ugh, Chauncey just came inside and smells like hot, summer dog . . . glad he likes to lay right by me when I type . . . whew . . . :/

After karate yesterday, I got myself in gear--not karate gear, but, like, a car in gear? We dropped off the twin bed that used to be our guest bed for Mrs. K's baby when she grows a bit :) It's been in the old van for more than a week and has been moved in and out of it as we've needed the old van for other moving purposes. Gabby went with me and we dropped off dozens of library books--I'd like them all back to the library before the carpet comes, because putting said books in a box in the garage seems a little bit risky when we finish clearing the bookshelves.

Then I REALLY got motivated and came up with a trip to the big city with the kids! I don't do that. I wait for Buck to drive us. But, he was up super early for work, so he was off at 4, so he could meet us. I took the kids to pick up the futon (yay!) and we met Buck at the hardware store. The kids and I had already ordered all the paint and were checking out cabinets and countertops for the bathrooms. We've already received most of the rebates from our other purchases (while, yes, still not receiving those purchases themselves :), so our shopping was free. Oh, and I found out that we can return our broken deck umbrella because it has been less than 90 days and we only got to use it for about 10 minutes, and I can get a new one. Yeah!

We picked out toppers for the deck posts, more heat blocking film for the windows (not that we've put up the first round yet, but if my brother C says it will work, then we're going to give it a go! :) We also bought new blinds to replace the mint green ones I painted brown--on the front--with splashes of brown on the back--because I got really tired of painting blinds--but they don't look very nice . . . they will look nice soon!

Oh, and I checked with the mortgage company--still no appraisal . . . ugh, the waiting, so much of the waiting!! The van repair place called and said they now have openings at the end of July for a weeklong fix. I said I'd call them back. I'd like to know the refi results before we start throwing any more money around. They can polish the bumper in August :)

Today at camp, the kids did sidewalk chalk and science! Hee hee, Amy joked about her elaborate science experiment where her husband dropped Mentos in a bottle of Diet Coke and then we all went back inside the gym :) Good times! I did get some more school planning done. I have just one box left out in the garage, and I don't know if I can reach it given our current configuration . . .

Buck has tomorrow off. He's going back to the store to get the countertops and a few other things we were just too *done* to deal with yesterday (oh, and we didn't measure before we left--my bad--that makes buying size-specific things challenging--I counted how many blinds we needed to buy by zooming in on a picture with the kitchen in the background on my phone :) I think the kids are doing a version of an Escape Room at karate, and then we have a going-away party for our previous neighbors who finally found a way to move home to the east coast. AND now that we have all the supplies for our projects, it should be a pretty busy weekend.

Good thing I took a nap . . . ;)

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...