Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Park It

This guy showed a lot of kindness on the playground. He gave up
the bouncy horse thingy for a little brunette girl, and when he
went racing toward a recently abandoned swing, he noticed a
little blonde girl heading the same way, and announced, "You can
have it." Nice boy :)
Well, today was day two of karate camp. There were some other classes going on at the gym, so we toted our 24 (today) charges to a park about 3/4 of a mile away. They basically played all morning in the sunshine and then we stopped back at karate to make bracelets. My crew stayed for class--but *we* forgot to bring *our* uniforms. Oopsie!


Caelan in charge of "Sabato" Says (I think that's Japanese for Simon?)

Relay race . . . squad captains took the first run! I never have to worry about
all the school field day games they might have missed. Eventually they experience just about everything fun that happens in public school in one
way or another :)

When we arrived home, we ate lunch . . . and I fell asleep. These early mornings do catch up with me. When I awoke, I decided I should try to accomplish something, so the boys helped me get the deck furniture back where it belongs. Then we pulled out our first ever, pretty deck umbrella!!


Before!


About ten minutes later . . . a gust of wind picked it up, carried over the house ("like Mary Poppins!" I'm told), and smashed it into the lawn on the other side. I guess we didn't have it fastened in as tightly as we should have--I didn't know, I've never had one before. I figured if it started to move one of the kids (who were sitting at the table reading while I was in making dinner) might notice and halt the progress. But, I guess, that didn't work out. I was glad it didn't hit the DirectTV dealie. One small bump and our signal is gone-zos. So, I checked the reception after dinner and found it unchanged; that's nice, anyway.
After . . . with a broken wing . . . :(

I saw a t-shirt at The Children's Place that said, "I'm the reason we can't have nice things." I should have grabbed one for myself :)

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

Love the pic of Brennen with all the little ones in a circle! Sorry about your umbrella, but your deck looks awesome!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...