Monday, June 12, 2017

Spy Academy

I know my vacation posts will be out of order, but if I can get some of the *fresh* stuff typed out, I'll remember it better :) It's Vacation Bible School time in our neck of the woods! I'm teaching Graysen's class, Caelan is the Worship Dance Squad (all by herself, as the MC pointed out this morning :), Gabby is loving her second year on skit crew (and all the funny comments by the little kiddos, "Are you real?"), and Brennen--well, fashion-wise, Brennen is Academy ready and looking smooth.

Rewinding to yesterday--the girls had rehearsals after the third church service, so we attended that one instead of our usual time. This meant Buck couldn't go to church with us, but it was kind of neat, because one of the girls' friends was baptized during the third service, so they got to cheer her on :)

After church, we ate lunch with the set up crew and then spent about three or four hours helping transform the church into an International Spy Academy :) For me, this meant carrying a ladder for most of the hours, so my kids could safely remove and rehang ceiling decorations in the music/Sunday school room. Feel the burn! Ha! But we did lots of other odd jobs, like stocking the classrooms with Bibles and hanging up goo bags for fingerprint identification at each door.

When we arrived home, I sat down on the couch and  . . . fell asleep for an hour. I woke up to make dinner and then back to church we went for the official training meeting! Busy day! And the week will be the same, with hundreds and hundreds of kiddos learning to detect the truth from lies, the One True God from the religions established by *The Deceiver*--good stuff!

Here are a few photos to kick off the week:



Okay, two. Apparently I didn't upload the other ones I thought I had . . . so, you get to wait in suspense to see what else to your wondering eyes should appear :)

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...