Friday, June 23, 2017

Pondering Paint

Thinking about painting the big wall this color--IDK,
I'm scared, ha! I've already used it on the wall behind the
couch and the accent mirror on the wall next to the guitars.
But the big wall . . . dare I be so bold?!
Here are today's updates: Buck and G$ took the van to the nearby insurance check point. Our estimate for a total fix is around $1,200. We are checking to see if we can just get the sensor fixed under our warranty for free. Apparently, our coverage only charges us the $500 deductible if we get our own vehicle fixed. The other vehicle's damage is already covered by our liability insurance. Buck said the guy at the repair shop asked if the mileage was right . . . yup, 2,000 miles. It's brand stinkin' new. Oh well :) I gave my insurance testimony via telephone. We called about our carpet--which was supposed to be delivered to the warehouse today. The truck driver doing the toting was over hours and had to stop enroute, so now the carpet gets to the warehouse Monday, and they will call us then to set up installation (I think). Buck fixed the toilet that was running incessantly, tried to rewire us into a fully functioning thermostat (ours just shuts off/goes dead at random and we don't notice until it's like 85 degrees in the house), but discovered there is some funky wiring with the old one that makes the new one impossible to power. He is deciding whether to return it or alert an electrician to our woes. The fridge/freezer is still working in the garage, but is currently pulled into an almost unusable position (as far as door opening goes) so we can access the electrical panel behind it. The boys did a final touch up on the deck (we didn't have enough paint left to do a full second coat). Oh and we found out the mattress for Caelan's new bed is now delayed a month longer than it has already been delayed. I feel like there should be a discount in this purchase we are already making payments on, but will not possess until late July . . . hmmm . . . Oh, in good news, we had our yard sprayed for ticks a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen a single one of those pesky critters since, woohoo!

The weather was beautiful today! We fully planned to go do something fun, but we didn't. We're just a little worn out it seems. Buck and I both took a quick after dinner nap on the couch. Now I'm writing to stay awake :) Oooh, heard this joke today from Google . . . What do you call a fake noodle? An im-pasta!! Hahahahaha!

Well, I think that's all for today folks :)

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

So...did you decide to paint the big wall?

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...