Monday, December 2, 2019

Choir Concert

Amazingly, Buck had three days off in a row--including Black Friday--for Thanksgiving weekend. We made plans to go out to dinner together (since it has been weeks, which used to not seem like a long time, but lately since we've been able to go out together more frequently, it seemed like a really long time :) after the kids' choir performance at a beautiful museum. 

There were some power outages in the area before we arrived, so their sound systems were a bit iffy, but what an opportunity to sing about the birth of Christ in a public place! That isn't quite as usual as it used to be. 

Oh, but first . . . look at this beautiful church where they met to practice before the performance! I was in awe. I had no idea this existed in our town. It was like stepping into a European/German cathedral. I couldn't stop looking at the arches and the stained-glass windows, and the three foot thick walls, and the stonework. Ooh-la-la! So pretty!














AND then we went to the concert venue :) I'm bouncing back and forth, it's pretty late and I'm getting sleepy. Sorry if my timeline isn't very chronological. Ooh, videos, I should upload the videos. But first here are some pics of the choir in front of the giant Christmas tree. It is a fresh tree, donated by someone in the community. There were SOO many people attending the concert, and no seating, so it was kind of difficult to get good pictures, but we tried. And we stood with friends from church and our small group, so it was good to reconnect with them after being away.







The kids are always their own worst critics. We thought they sounded great and nobody notices the "mess-ups" but those who know they "messed up." I thought it was a pretty, memorable, (very hot temperature wise), and lovely performance :) I think it is super neat that the four of them can do this together, and enjoy themselves (mostly :)

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Wish I could have been there for their choir concert.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...