Friday, December 30, 2022

Christmas Eve

It's been a really full week, so I am drawing a blank on what we did for most of Christmas Eve. I know I boiled some mostly frozen chickens to make broth for the noodles we froze when Caelan, Noah, and Graysen made them earlier this fall. I remember stuffing stockings waaaaay earlier in the day than I usually do, which was good because we had an extra stocking this year :) There was some final gift wrapping . . . that's about all I've got.

Oh, here's a funny story though! As you likely know, some people are just gift givers. It makes them happy, and they like to gift as many people as they can when the opportunity presents itself (hee hee "presents" ;) One gal at work decided to make the managers personalized air fresheners. Buck has a digital photo frame on his desk and several pictures on the wall. One of those pictures is of our family with our NGF's family and Chase in CO a couple of summers ago. Buck's boss told the gifter that these were ALL Buck's children--and she believed him!!! So we received this delightful air freshener featuring our 12 children and their dog. Lol! We laughed and laughed and laughed!


The kids left early for Christmas Eve choir/worship team rehearsal, but Brennen wasn't feeling great about it, so Buck picked him up from the church. Gabby decided to go to early church with Chase's family, so Buck and I switched our plan to the later service at our church. We did do some extensive digging to find the first service livestream and I grabbed a couple of screenshots of G$ in the choir, Caelan on piano, and Noah (not pictured) on drums.


Pretty soon, we too were ready to roll. The remaining trio of us arrived at church and soon were joined by Gabby and Chase. The sound team really had certain elements of the music team cranked, you could feel the guitar in your chest. Graysen said it was SO HOT up on stage. It was too much for Brennen, so Gabby leaned over and asked if she and Chase could take him home. As this was their second church service of the night, with the potential of a third at their own church, I agreed :) By the time we all arrived at the house, Brennen was feeling better. The three of them stopped by Brennen's friend R's house and she gave him a really cool Broncos hoodie for Christmas, which you will see in some upcoming pictures.



We gathered in the kitchen to enjoy the noodles--yum!!


And then the kids got itchy to open "just one present" each :) Graysen was there for it! Gabby gave him a super cool pair of leather boots, that fit perfectly. Gabby got to open a gift from Caelan and Noah--a set of colorful kitchen knives; she was glad to have them! Brennen then opened a very thoughtful gift from Gabby--a portable heater for the Nitro, which has no heat (with an extension to reach the plug that actually has power). It's almost like she drove the cold Nitro for a year or so :) Noah opened a nice sweater from Caelan, and Caelan (who had been resistant to the opening a present early idea . . . which I think put her at gift opening five days straight) decided to go along with the fun and opened a projector from Noah! They've been watching shows on "the big screen" of our ceiling (because we have no blank walls) with the projector. Fun gifts!




Gabby spent the night, so she could be ready for Christmas morning, as did Noah (he got the key to his new digs two days later :) Buck helped me move the gifts to the living room, I mean Santa!! Oh well, you know, they appeared around the tree along with the very stuffed stockings and to all a good night! Except Graysen came out for a kleenex while gift arranging was happening, so he's probably not going to believe the Santa movies next year, ha!


No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...