Monday, December 19, 2022

Gabby's First Place

Since she graduated high school, Gabby has had the idea of getting her own place on her mind. She was stuck, though, on the whole car situation. When my mom provided wheels, Gabby suddenly had the missing piece of her puzzle. We looked at an apartment complex on the west end where her coworker resides. It was okay, but not fantastic. A little online research led us to something much nicer, brighter, fresher, and in a better neighborhood. Gabby signed the papers (online, everything is online!) a few days later.

In boxing up starter items for her to take, well, I ended up cleaning out my entire kitchen! I discovered bits and pieces of measuring cup and spoon sets spanning more than 25 years, clear back to the set for my dorm! (I used to make pancakes on the electric skillet in our bathroom; oh, the college years). I also pulled out the golden silverware my mom gave us for our wedding. We've not used it, but Gabby said she would. I wasn't sure why my parents got us gold-wear when we registered for silver-ware until I realized the name of the pattern is my first name (just spelled in the usual way). Mystery solved!




It's like a visual inventory of things in the house to send with the next mover-outter :) Chase provided lots of giant boxes for Gabby to pack her things in; she didn't think she had very much, but it ended up being multiple truckloads! She was also gifted some furniture by our former worship director's mother-in-law, so Caelan, Noah, Buck, and I took care of that pick-up and delivery.



Because we've always had bunkbeds, Gabby had a mattress and mattress topper to take with her, but no frame. We were able to order one express, and Christmas came early! :) Graysen spent a good while getting it all assembled for his sister, while Brennen and Chase were getting the truck filled and unloaded. 



We took some time to pray together over Gabby's new apartment. It's a big step, but she's really excited about taking it!


We haven't been back since she was still in boxes (she's been in CA all week), but she sent me a few photos of the arranging she did in the two days before she left. Next will be to move in Mr. Kitty-Cat, but I don't think Buck is willing to let him go until after Christmas :)





Big, sunny windows; room for sleepovers with her girl friends. Pretty nice for her first place!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...