Sunday, May 7, 2023

How Sweet the Sound

Noah recently had a cool opportunity to lead worship for our church on a Sunday morning. Not only did he lead, he brought the youth band with him! Well, half of it anyway :) Brennen played guitar for the first time on stage outside of Wednesday nights--and is scheduled to do more of that this summer.

So many people in the congregation thanked Noah and the kids for their willingness to share their talents to honor God; and they were very surprised to learn that our best drummer can also sing and play guitar :) There were several requests of, "I hope you do this more often!" I'll upload a couple of short clips for you . . .


Meanwhile, I was covering for a friend in the nursery--a three-week in a row stretch! The dad who was in there serving with me just kept laughing and shaking his head, "I've never had a week like this!" And neither had I . . . we had loads of babies, many who were the same age, and all who would take turns crying and need to be held--or cry all at the same time. I was so covered with tears, slobber, and snot by the end of the service--that I had to go home and change! Lol, that has NEVER happened before! I've also never called parents back to retrieve children before, but I think we had three numbers flashed up on the screen during the service. Afterwards people who know asked, "Wow, that was a lot of numbers--what was going on back there?" Sweet babies with the sniffles and missing their mamas, that's what was going on back there :)


So, with Graysen (who was still sleeping at home, as he had a rare Sunday off duty) in tow, I certainly enjoyed the refreshing worship time at second service that morning! Noah's preparation, including attending the pastors' meeting where they practice the sermon and check each other for Biblical accuracy, relevance, etc., helped him select a great song set and also reflected in the call to worship he wrote (which got a lot of amens from the people around me). Love it when the "kids" use the gifts they've been given to serve Jesus!


1 comment:

Grandma J said...

That's so cool that Noah was able to lead worship.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...