We basically dropped all the everything everywhere when we unloaded it from the vehicles the previous night. After we sat at the table and talked highlights and memorable moments, groomsman Dale took his turn on the new sofa bed. By 6 a.m., he was on the road to a church event--impressive!
Noah and Caelan were at the airport early to leave for their honeymoon! We got updates throughout the day about a near-missed connection in Denver and stickers covering the back of the seat in front of Caelan--hopefully they didn't get blamed for the return of Jurassic Park on their flight :)
Brennen decided *the time was now* to move into his own bedroom for the first time in his life! Well, he maybe had the nursery to himself for a few months before G$ arrived, but he likely doesn't remember that ;) I worked on moving Caelan's remaining items to other locations while Brennen worked on moving his gear from his room of 10 years, next door. To make a handy TV stand, we decided to turn the wardrobe on its side. Aha! It's amazing how quickly a girly room can turn into a guy's room . . . I'm still a little amazed by how much he got done before heading to work!
By noon, I made my way to the shower to try to wash out the gobs of hairspray from my styling the day before. Directly after, I started pulling mounds of leftovers out of every fridge, cooler, and cardboard box I could get my hands on! Buck's family soon arrived to enjoy our leftovers lunch (at least I hope they enjoyed it :) After everyone had a full tummy, they decided to take a tour of the acre . . . a visit to the chickens, an observation of the tree house exterior (we still can't find the padlock key) and accompanying pool, and then a chat around the empty fire pit--seating partially provided by the boys' construction class last summer.
Rewinding a smidge: Gabby was over for most of the morning--she brought all the gifts and gear she'd transported from the wedding the night before, and she brought Graysen the Lego ship he's apparently always wanted (but we wouldn't get for him on Amazon Prime Day). He proved his excitement by assembling the whole thing while Brennen was moving rooms. Gabby also worked on deciphering a darling audio recording that Brennen helped clean up before the wedding. It is Caelan talking about her wedding plans when she was four--I'll see if I can share it!
In the afternoon, Gabby left to go buy a dirt bike with Chase. The farm truck they were driving broke down, so it had to be towed to our NGFs' house. I'm not sure how they got back to our house, but they borrowed Buck's truck (and Graysen) to return to the dirt bike location to pick it up. They then went to Chase's house, and I assume tested out the dirt bike until G$ remembered he wanted to buy a futon for his newly brother-evacuated room.
They all (Brennen from work, too) returned late in the evening, shortly after my college friends left, and soon the sound of a buzzing drill rang through the upstairs. In a remarkably short time, a giant box was in the hallway and the futon/couch was tucked under the altered bunkbed (Grandma J discovered the bunkbed mattress in her guest room a bit earlier in the day and wondered how she was going to get into the closet to retrieve her clothes--oh boys!)
Gabby had an early morning at work, so she headed out while the boys tested out the new gaming couch in G$'s room. I think they approve! That day we ended up with a mix of 15 guests over the course of 11 hours, not counting Grandma J ;)
Hard to believe, but the next day was Grandma J's fly home day! What a fast week! We got up early and went to church--we let the boys sleep in to attend second service. I felt half-awake, if even that, but it was nice to be in church with Buck. After the service, we caught up with our kitchen coordinator friends and my brother and sister-in-law. After the wedding, they sent Mr. M off for a fun week with Grandma C and Aunt Laur, and so asked, "Want to go get brunch?" Sure, you betcha!
So, we motored across the road to a breakfast place we haven't re-tried since we first moved here a decade ago. I remember the pancakes being really good--they still really are! We may have a new (old) breakfast place back on our list, woot! Also, I have no photos, because I was still barely awake. I do remember dropping my phone on the floor right as the waitress walked up with a bunch of drinks on a tray. That was a close one!
After a good conversation at brunch, we realized we only had about 10 minutes to get Grandma J loaded into the van for her intended departure time! I also realized I still hadn't given her the gifts we picked up for her and Auntie Z in Hawaii . . . good thing suitcases can't have those little locks on them anymore :) Just a quick unzip and problem solved!
Because the boys and Gabby were at church and the newlyweds were honeymooning, the options were few for the *last day on the stairs with Grandma J* photo! But Buck and I stepped in and filled the gap :)
Still none of us know where to look at the camera for selfies . . . there were no teens to direct us!! Ha!
After saying "goodbye for now" to Grandma J, I drove Buck in to the economy parking lot to pick up Noah's vehicle. He noticed the tire was low, so stopped to get that filled. Sounds like Rogue One will be taking a trip to the tire shop on Thursday to see if they can find the leak :) Update: they did, it's fixed!
I know this is riveting commentary, but I'm trying to remember the days as I go . . . after the airport, I think I climbed back to the mountain of laundry, Buck and I took a much-needed nap, and then we woke up to a bunch of boys, including Chase and one of our wedding helpers, quietly playing video games until we reheated wedding leftovers once more :) Gabby soon showed up to take Brennen to a rap concert an hour away. It turns out they knew tons of people there, and they had a blast!
My goodness, I could just keep going, but I'm going to conclude the wedding narrative with that! What an amazing week and what a beautiful, joy-filled wedding! How awesome to spend time with family and friends, who all drove and flew to us, to celebrate this big event in our family's lives! Thank you, God, for your love and care for all the moments like this that become memories for a lifetime 💗
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
It was such a great, memorable week....and you did a wonderful job of documenting it!!
Post a Comment